Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Wednesday already!


Wow, this week is flying by. I can't believe how quickly it's zooming through. When I was a kid, it felt like weeks went on forever, but now as an adult I realize what my parents said was true...never enough hours to do everything I want or need. LOL!! Back to school and fall brings on so many events. My favorite fall event as an adult is to root for my children at whatever sport or activity they are into. Last night I went to cheer for my oldest daughter. She is a freshman at North Bend High and is on the freshman volleyball team. Volleyball has been a great team sport for her! Anyway, five games into the season and they are undefeated. The girls are all the same as last year except for one addition. The girls have greatly improved in their skills and communication on the court! Woo Hoo...keep going Dogs!! On Thursday my middle daughter's first practice for soccer season begins, we love soccer. The crisp Saturday morning games with a HUGE cup of hot tea or coffee. Scarves wrapped around your neck and mittens covering your frozen fingertips while you clap and cheer. I promise to share some pics soon of both the girls doing what they do best.
Onto the card. I made this for a gentlemen that is retiring from my husband's work. I've dinked around with my Cricut that my husband graciously purchased for me for Mother's Day and feel awkward with it, have destroyed gorgeous designer papers and am unsure about half the capabilities it has, but today I used it to simply cut out 2 stars to layer together. WOO HOO!!! I then pierced the edges of them and layered my 1" circle punch right on top. They edges aren't perfect I eyeballed them but it gave it an extra touch. The color combo is one of my favorites for "masculine" cards. It's bordering blue, chocolate chip and very vanilla. I used Circle of Friendship and Print Pattern background stamps and am pleased with the finished card. Clean, heartfelt and of course handmade, always a great combination!
Today's question. What is your favorite fall pasttime? I shared mine, now it's your turn.

11 comments:

Kelley Nyrae said...

Great card, Tonya.

Anonymous said...

Very nice card! And I scrolled down enjoying all the other cards too. Great blog :)

Darlene said...

What a great card! Enjoy those youngins', and cheer as loud as you can ... before you know it, they will be grown and gone!!

Anonymous said...

i want to go to games! bye the way love this card for a man very nice! i have been really sick wheres my get well card? lol j/k but would like to see what you could do for them kind! I BET REALLY CUTE ONES! OK TALK TO YOU LATER, BYE AMIE

loretta said...

Favorite fall past time is coming up with new ideas for Christmas cards and beginning my buying for Christmas presents!

Stamp Happy, I have blog candy!

Loretta

Elizabeth said...

Lovely blog - really like the color combination on this card - I've just been playing with the cardstock on the card below...and added it to my blog! I love those colors too!

Elizabeth
Southampton, UK

Lorraine said...

lovely card. he's going to love it.
I love to go apple picking and pumpkin picking and then make pies with all the fresh stuff!

Traci G said...

Your card is great!! I love that you used Bordering Blue...it's such an under-used color, but I love it! It's nice to see it in use!
Your blog is great too! Thanks for letting us check it out. I look forward to visiting often!

Anonymous said...

Love the card Tonya. Those man cards are hard!
GO BULLDOGS!!!

Nicole said...

Great card, I love this color combo, too, it is awesome! I just found you through Nancy Morgan's site and thought I would comment! You do beautiful work!

Hoosier Hugs, nicole

Anonymous said...

Yes great card my love. You have some talent that is being discovered, proud of you. Don't say it enough, aye.
Love BM